Marsh's Annual State of the Market Address put employers' liability(EL) at the top of the agenda, with chief executive Mike Hammond describing it as a "ticking time-bomb".
Speaking to an audience of insurers and brokers, Mr Hammond said: "Unless something is done about EL, there is going to be real trouble ahead."
His view was backed by Mike Jones, head of UK retail placement at Marsh,who commented: "EL and directors and officers cover remain major issuesfor UK business - so much so that we
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business