Marsh's Annual State of the Market Address put employers' liability(EL) at the top of the agenda, with chief executive Mike Hammond describing it as a "ticking time-bomb".
Speaking to an audience of insurers and brokers, Mr Hammond said: "Unless something is done about EL, there is going to be real trouble ahead."
His view was backed by Mike Jones, head of UK retail placement at Marsh,who commented: "EL and directors and officers cover remain major issuesfor UK business - so much so that we ar
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017