A survey by the employment law firm, Peninsula, has revealed that seven in 10 financial services firms are unaware of age discrimination legislation.
The Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006, which are due to come into effect on 1 October, will make it unlawful to discriminate against someone based on their age in practically all areas of the employment field.
"It will bring age on a par with discrimination based on sexual orientation, religion and disability," said Claire Gunnell,
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners