A survey by the employment law firm, Peninsula, has revealed that seven in 10 financial services firms are unaware of age discrimination legislation.
The Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006, which are due to come into effect on 1 October, will make it unlawful to discriminate against someone based on their age in practically all areas of the employment field.
"It will bring age on a par with discrimination based on sexual orientation, religion and disability," said Claire Gunnell, Penin
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services