A survey by the employment law firm, Peninsula, has revealed that seven in 10 financial services firms are unaware of age discrimination legislation.
The Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006, which are due to come into effect on 1 October, will make it unlawful to discriminate against someone based on their age in practically all areas of the employment field.
"It will bring age on a par with discrimination based on sexual orientation, religion and disability," said Claire Gunnell, Penin
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel