For many brokers, the growth of networks seemed to offer an answer to the forces of competition and voracious consolidation that threatened their survival.
The concept eased the burden of increased regulation and offered comprehensive management, systems and marketing support, as well as better products at competitive terms, a continued place at the table in negotiations with insurers and an independent future for their businesses.
Similarly, insurers going through the throes of consolidation
- Vantage buys Fresh Insurance
- FSCS calls on brokers to help form response to Alpha failure
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022
- Unrated Danish insurer Gefion in €2m cash injection deal with shareholders
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox first insurer to sign up to ex-Aviva boss Fraser Edmond’s data sharing platform
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal