Opinion on the state of the independent broker market differs throughout the various sectors of the industry, although many commentators appear to agree that the sector is in a transitional period. With brokers taking over brokers, and the apparent new trend of insurers acquiring brokers, the sector is changing in terms of dynamics and size.
While brokers are being forced to shut down and start-ups are beginning to emerge, the state of the market is certainly presenting a challenge to firms.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017