Opinion on the state of the independent broker market differs throughout the various sectors of the industry, although many commentators appear to agree that the sector is in a transitional period. With brokers taking over brokers, and the apparent new trend of insurers acquiring brokers, the sector is changing in terms of dynamics and size.
While brokers are being forced to shut down and start-ups are beginning to emerge, the state of the market is certainly presenting a challenge to firms.
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- UK Broker Awards 2017: The winners
- Marsh’s head of operations in Scotland Iain Henry departs
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income