Opinion on the state of the independent broker market differs throughout the various sectors of the industry, although many commentators appear to agree that the sector is in a transitional period. With brokers taking over brokers, and the apparent new trend of insurers acquiring brokers, the sector is changing in terms of dynamics and size.
While brokers are being forced to shut down and start-ups are beginning to emerge, the state of the market is certainly presenting a challenge to firms.
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business