At least two thirds of UK risk managers will not be regulated when new rules for intermediaries come into force next year. This follows concessions made by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in its discussions with Airmic which represents 1,000 risk managers in the UK.
Outside of three sectors where special circumstances will apply - financial services, construction and property - only a handful of companies expect their risk managers to be regulated.
According to a survey of Airmic
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- Geoff Kirk joins GRP’s Marshall Wooldridge as MD