As times grow tougher, every business will look at its monthly outgoings to see if there is any room for manoeuvre. Among the bills landing on brokers' doormats in the coming weeks will be the annual renewals for trade body membership.
For a lot of brokers, belonging to one of the two major broker trade bodies has been very much a habit of many years standing - almost half of UK brokers belong to either the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) or the Institute of Insurance Brokers (IIB).
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- UK Broker Awards 2017: The winners
- Marsh’s head of operations in Scotland Iain Henry departs
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income