As times grow tougher, every business will look at its monthly outgoings to see if there is any room for manoeuvre. Among the bills landing on brokers' doormats in the coming weeks will be the annual renewals for trade body membership.
For a lot of brokers, belonging to one of the two major broker trade bodies has been very much a habit of many years standing - almost half of UK brokers belong to either the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) or the Institute of Insurance Brokers (IIB).
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017