As times grow tougher, every business will look at its monthly outgoings to see if there is any room for manoeuvre. Among the bills landing on brokers' doormats in the coming weeks will be the annual renewals for trade body membership.
For a lot of brokers, belonging to one of the two major broker trade bodies has been very much a habit of many years standing - almost half of UK brokers belong to either the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) or the Institute of Insurance Brokers (IIB).
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business