Disaster recovery can mean different things to different people.
The devastating recent tsunami in South East Asia and flooding in Carlisle bring that into sharp focus. In comparison, on a day-to-day basis, the industry is tested with more regular and commonplace incidents such as commercial fires or domestic burst pipes. To those involved these are all emergencies or traumas, the speed and effectiveness of recovery from which will be the litmus test of their insurer's response.
Whether we are
- Vantage buys Fresh Insurance
- FSCS calls on brokers to help form response to Alpha failure
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022
- Unrated Danish insurer Gefion in €2m cash injection deal with shareholders
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox first insurer to sign up to ex-Aviva boss Fraser Edmond’s data sharing platform
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal