A new type of claim has overtaken fire and theft as the most expensive claims cost in household insurance, according to Norwich Union (NU).
The insurer has estimated that 'escape of water' (EOW) is costing the industry £250m a year in claims costs, and is set to change the face of household insurance.
Julian Beardsworth, director of personal lines, underwriting, at NU, said: "We need to raise awareness, and then start to mitigate the risks involved in EOW. This does not appear to be on anybody
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Turnover grows for Stackhouse Poland
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- Hyperion plans stake sale, reports say