In many cases it depends on who you talk to - large and medium-sized brokerages have had the luxury of being able to afford dedicated compliance officers, even whole teams, whereas high-street intermediaries have had to fend for themselves.
This has been the case for Sharp Insurance, a small Newbury-based brokerage dealing mainly in personal lines.
Matthew Wilson, a partner at Sharp, explains that because his firm is relatively new, they were not stuck in a routine prior to 14 January, so were
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa
- Video: GDPR – Marketing: what brokers can and can’t do