In many cases it depends on who you talk to - large and medium-sized brokerages have had the luxury of being able to afford dedicated compliance officers, even whole teams, whereas high-street intermediaries have had to fend for themselves.
This has been the case for Sharp Insurance, a small Newbury-based brokerage dealing mainly in personal lines.
Matthew Wilson, a partner at Sharp, explains that because his firm is relatively new, they were not stuck in a routine prior to 14 January, so were
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed