In many cases it depends on who you talk to - large and medium-sized brokerages have had the luxury of being able to afford dedicated compliance officers, even whole teams, whereas high-street intermediaries have had to fend for themselves.
This has been the case for Sharp Insurance, a small Newbury-based brokerage dealing mainly in personal lines.
Matthew Wilson, a partner at Sharp, explains that because his firm is relatively new, they were not stuck in a routine prior to 14 January, so were
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- UK Broker Awards 2017: The winners
- Marsh’s head of operations in Scotland Iain Henry departs
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income