US insurer HCC Insurance Holdings has reached an agreement to acquire Lloyd's broker Dickson Manchester (DM).
DM is a market leader in the underwriting and placement of UK professional indemnity insurance, and has annual gross written premium of approximately £40m.
The deal is expected to be concluded by the end of the first quarter of this year, and the broker's current management, led by Charles Manchester and Mike Dickson, will continue to oversee operations following the acquisition.
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal
- Redundancy threat for 15 people in Zurich's Bristol office
- Pukka to expand into home
- Biba confirms another year in Manchester for the 2019 conference
- MPs concerned re whiplash reforms
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022