New legislation on racial and sexual-orientation discrimination willbe in place by the end of this year. This is probably overdue, and part ofthe Government's plan to scrutinise working procedure and its role inbusiness. More significant, however, is the proposed legislation onageism, due to come into effect by the end of 2006. With people livinglonger and with their pension funds worth less, working into old age isbecoming a very real prospect, and the new proposals reflect that.
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- MRIB buys Independents
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Biba reveals campaigning themes in 2019 manifesto