One aspect of the risk manager's job that has grown in importance, without attracting much publicity, is that of contract management.
When a company enters into a contract - either as a purchaser or supplier - the whole business could be at risk unless senior management genuinely understands the risks and has fully taken into account the potential pitfalls.
Responsibility for scrutinising the proposed deal is falling increasingly to the risk manager. This involves, among other things, examinin
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal
- Redundancy threat for 15 people in Zurich's Bristol office
- Pukka to expand into home
- Biba confirms another year in Manchester for the 2019 conference
- MPs concerned re whiplash reforms
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022