One aspect of the risk manager's job that has grown in importance, without attracting much publicity, is that of contract management.
When a company enters into a contract - either as a purchaser or supplier - the whole business could be at risk unless senior management genuinely understands the risks and has fully taken into account the potential pitfalls.
Responsibility for scrutinising the proposed deal is falling increasingly to the risk manager. This involves, among other things,
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal