New figures from Zurich Municipal show that the insurance cost ofschool fires in 2002 hit a record high of £96.6m - more than double thelosses incurred in this class of business four years ago.
Zurich Municipal estimates that 90% of its school fire claims come aboutas a result of arson attacks. This has forced the company to step up itscampaign to make sprinklers compulsory in all new or refurbishedschools.
The Midlands suffered the highest proportion of school arson attacks, at43%, with the N
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Turnover grows for Stackhouse Poland
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- Hyperion plans stake sale, reports say