New figures from Zurich Municipal show that the insurance cost ofschool fires in 2002 hit a record high of £96.6m - more than double thelosses incurred in this class of business four years ago.
Zurich Municipal estimates that 90% of its school fire claims come aboutas a result of arson attacks. This has forced the company to step up itscampaign to make sprinklers compulsory in all new or refurbishedschools.
The Midlands suffered the highest proportion of school arson attacks, at43%, with the
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- MRIB buys Independents
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite