It may not be the sexiest of topics but latent defects insurance is cover that only the bravest, or the most risk-inclined, of developers would ignore. As the construction and design methods of multi-million-pound projects become increasingly sophisticated, the need for defects insurance has never been more pertinent.
However, there is a distinct disparity between the uptake of this type of cover and what experts in the field believe is required - but what exactly is a latent defect?
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel