It may not be the sexiest of topics but latent defects insurance is cover that only the bravest, or the most risk-inclined, of developers would ignore. As the construction and design methods of multi-million-pound projects become increasingly sophisticated, the need for defects insurance has never been more pertinent.
However, there is a distinct disparity between the uptake of this type of cover and what experts in the field believe is required - but what exactly is a latent defect?
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- UK Broker Awards 2017: The winners
- Marsh’s head of operations in Scotland Iain Henry departs
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income