The arguments were heated, a rift in the Cabinet became daily fodder for the media and then finally a total ban on smoking was agreed. But where does a total ban leave the insurance industry?
The health risks associated with smoking are now well recognised and accepted - could such a move result in an increased numbers of claims? And could disease associated with tobacco become the next asbestos?
The fear is that one successful claim could result in a barrage with costly consequences for insur
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Ecclesiastical launches three specialist heritage products
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- Broker Expo 2017: The agenda