We all suffer the weekly shop - that trudge down to the nearest supermarket to bring back the spuds and the milk - but now it seems we expect a lot more from our supermarkets. There was a media frenzy late last year when Tesco announced a sixfold growth in its clothing department.
Less noisy, but no less impressive, was the sixfold growth in its personal finance division last year - which includes insurance.
It seems that we, as customers, like to shop at the supermarket because we have learnt
- Vantage buys Fresh Insurance
- FSCS calls on brokers to help form response to Alpha failure
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022
- Unrated Danish insurer Gefion in €2m cash injection deal with shareholders
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox first insurer to sign up to ex-Aviva boss Fraser Edmond’s data sharing platform
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal