Ardonagh revealed the closure of all remaining Swinton retail branches in a presentation to investors this week.
Swinton retail had a total of 59 branches when it was bought by Ardonagh for £165m in September 2018, down from 86 at the beginning of the year.
Following the purchase, this number then fell to 44 by Q1 2019, 20 by Q2 2019, and the last 11 branches were closed in July 2019.
Ian Donaldson, CEO at Atlanta Group, was keen to emphasise that branch closures were part of a strategy
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management