Arch Capital Group has announced the purchase of Barbican Group Holdings for an undisclosed amount.
Barbican Group Holdings includes Barbican Managing Agency, Arcus 1856 and Castel Underwriting Agencies.
The purchase will be funded by US asset management firm Carlson Capital.
The acquisition is expected to be completed in Q3 or Q4 2019, conditional on regulatory approval.
Hugh Sturgess, president and CEO at Arch Insurance International, described the decision: “The acquisition of
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019