Plymouth-based Walker Persson & Spargo (WPS) has been bought by Seventeen Group for an undisclosed sum.
WPS employs over 40 staff and generates Gross Written Premium of £17m. The firm’s leadership team and directors Steve Rowlands, Steve Harvey and Colin Watts will all stay with the firm, as will its wider team.
The business will continue to trade as WPS from its current Plymouth office. The deal closed on 28 June.
The deal was at least partially financed by Beechbrook
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?