The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has reminded brokers that they must prepare sooner rather than later for the implementation of the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR).
The regime has already been rolled out to insurance companies and brokers authorised by the Financial Services and Markets Act (FSMA) must be ready to abide by the rules by 9 December 2019.
Under the regime, all senior managers must have a Statement of Responsibility – which should be clear enough for everyone
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm