The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has reminded brokers that they must prepare sooner rather than later for the implementation of the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR).
The regime has already been rolled out to insurance companies and brokers authorised by the Financial Services and Markets Act (FSMA) must be ready to abide by the rules by 9 December 2019.
Under the regime, all senior managers must have a Statement of Responsibility – which should be clear enough for everyone
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews