The business reported a total loss for 2018 of £111.6m, a significant improvement on 2017’s figures.
The losses at Ardonagh Group are continuing to shrink as chairman John Tiner stated that much of the turnaround is now “largely complete” with 2018 acting as pivotal 12 months.
On a group call with journalists CEO David Ross agreed: “It is a defining year as a business.” He added that it was also the year when the majority of “legacy and change programmes came to an end”.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?