Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) has today (1 April) completed the acquisition of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group (JLT) for $5.6bn (£4.3bn).
According to MMC, the combined company places annual premiums of more than $100bn globally.
JLT also brings more than 10,000 staff to MMC, with JLT CEO Dominic Burke joining the business as vice chairman and a member of the executive committee. However, the takeover has also put 3,750 jobs in danger.
It is not yet known how many UK-based roles will be
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm