Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) has today (1 April) completed the acquisition of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group (JLT) for $5.6bn (£4.3bn).
According to MMC, the combined company places annual premiums of more than $100bn globally.
JLT also brings more than 10,000 staff to MMC, with JLT CEO Dominic Burke joining the business as vice chairman and a member of the executive committee. However, the takeover has also put 3,750 jobs in danger.
It is not yet known how many UK-based roles will be
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate