Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) has today (1 April) completed the acquisition of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group (JLT) for $5.6bn (£4.3bn).
According to MMC, the combined company places annual premiums of more than $100bn globally.
JLT also brings more than 10,000 staff to MMC, with JLT CEO Dominic Burke joining the business as vice chairman and a member of the executive committee. However, the takeover has also put 3,750 jobs in danger.
It is not yet known how many UK-based roles will be
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA