Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) has today (1 April) completed the acquisition of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group (JLT) for $5.6bn (£4.3bn).
According to MMC, the combined company places annual premiums of more than $100bn globally.
JLT also brings more than 10,000 staff to MMC, with JLT CEO Dominic Burke joining the business as vice chairman and a member of the executive committee. However, the takeover has also put 3,750 jobs in danger.
It is not yet known how many UK-based roles will be
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move