The Competition & Markets Authority (CMA) has set up a committee to examine the implementation of recommendations it made in response to the Citizens Advice super-complaint about the customer loyalty penalty.
An update from the CMA noted: “Following the publication of the CMA’s response to the loyalty penalty super-complaint, the CMA has set up a working group to oversee the implementation of recommendations made by the CMA.
“It is chaired by the CMA and its members include representatives
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers