▶ What are the origins of the company?
The business was formed over 40 years ago by Ian Frank Micklethwaite, hence IFM. Ian was originally a sole trader and over the fullness of time the business grew, new directors and shareholders came on board and it became a limited company in around 1992.
▶ Does the business specialise?
We don’t have any specialisms. When we set up it would have been general broking and some personal lines business. We still have a personal lines team – if you’re going
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers