▶ What are the origins of the company?
The business was formed over 40 years ago by Ian Frank Micklethwaite, hence IFM. Ian was originally a sole trader and over the fullness of time the business grew, new directors and shareholders came on board and it became a limited company in around 1992.
▶ Does the business specialise?
We don’t have any specialisms. When we set up it would have been general broking and some personal lines business. We still have a personal lines team – if you’re going
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester