▶ What are the origins of the company?
The business was formed over 40 years ago by Ian Frank Micklethwaite, hence IFM. Ian was originally a sole trader and over the fullness of time the business grew, new directors and shareholders came on board and it became a limited company in around 1992.
▶ Does the business specialise?
We don’t have any specialisms. When we set up it would have been general broking and some personal lines business. We still have a personal lines team – if you’re going
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Broker Expo 2019: Q&A with Aviva's Dave Carey