▶ What are the origins of the company?
The business was formed over 40 years ago by Ian Frank Micklethwaite, hence IFM. Ian was originally a sole trader and over the fullness of time the business grew, new directors and shareholders came on board and it became a limited company in around 1992.
▶ Does the business specialise?
We don’t have any specialisms. When we set up it would have been general broking and some personal lines business. We still have a personal lines team – if you’re going
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews