Arthur J Gallagher is to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson’s (JLT) aerospace business in a deal which is set to go through when the Marsh & McLennan Companies’ $5.6bn (£4.3bn) purchase of JLT is finalised in the Spring.
The transaction, for £190m, is subject to approval by the European Commission.
According to a statement from JLT the divestment move has been made in order to address European Commission concerns about potential overlap in aerospace following JLT’s acquisition.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning