▶ How did you come into insurance?
I was a supervisor at Marks & Spencer. I had no idea about insurance but ended up helping a friend with a life business who wanted to start a general broker. I phoned clients and asked when their motor and home was due for renewal. I also learnt about things like motor trade.
Spurs and Arsenal trained around the corner, I’m talking 25 years ago. In those days players weren’t going out at lunchtime and having a tattoo done, they were buying cars.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders