▶ How did you come into insurance?
I was a supervisor at Marks & Spencer. I had no idea about insurance but ended up helping a friend with a life business who wanted to start a general broker. I phoned clients and asked when their motor and home was due for renewal. I also learnt about things like motor trade.
Spurs and Arsenal trained around the corner, I’m talking 25 years ago. In those days players weren’t going out at lunchtime and having a tattoo done, they were buying cars.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's