▶ How did you come into insurance?
I was a supervisor at Marks & Spencer. I had no idea about insurance but ended up helping a friend with a life business who wanted to start a general broker. I phoned clients and asked when their motor and home was due for renewal. I also learnt about things like motor trade.
Spurs and Arsenal trained around the corner, I’m talking 25 years ago. In those days players weren’t going out at lunchtime and having a tattoo done, they were buying cars.
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba