▶ How did you come into insurance?
I was a supervisor at Marks & Spencer. I had no idea about insurance but ended up helping a friend with a life business who wanted to start a general broker. I phoned clients and asked when their motor and home was due for renewal. I also learnt about things like motor trade.
Spurs and Arsenal trained around the corner, I’m talking 25 years ago. In those days players weren’t going out at lunchtime and having a tattoo done, they were buying cars.
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK