BGL Group is to invest £3m in a new tech hub at its base in Sunderland, in a move that it said will create 40 new jobs.
This follows the opening of its first tech hub in London’s Shoreditch in June 2017.
BGL Group, which owns comparison website Comparethemarket and brokers Budget and Dial Direct, said it is now recruiting delivery professionals, software engineers, software quality engineers and business analysts in the initial phase of the project.
The business noted that it expects
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm