BGL Group is to invest £3m in a new tech hub at its base in Sunderland, in a move that it said will create 40 new jobs.
This follows the opening of its first tech hub in London’s Shoreditch in June 2017.
BGL Group, which owns comparison website Comparethemarket and brokers Budget and Dial Direct, said it is now recruiting delivery professionals, software engineers, software quality engineers and business analysts in the initial phase of the project.
The business noted that it expects
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Lloyd's launches product innovation facility with £53m capacity
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years