BGL Group is to invest £3m in a new tech hub at its base in Sunderland, in a move that it said will create 40 new jobs.
This follows the opening of its first tech hub in London’s Shoreditch in June 2017.
BGL Group, which owns comparison website Comparethemarket and brokers Budget and Dial Direct, said it is now recruiting delivery professionals, software engineers, software quality engineers and business analysts in the initial phase of the project.
The business noted that it expects
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK