MP for North Warwickshire and Bedworth and former broker, Craig Tracey, has set out the reasons he voted against the government’s draft EU exit deal last week (15 January).
He told Insurance Age: “From a business perspective my main issue was around the backstop. I think the backstop creates more uncertainties for business longer term.
“My view was that it is very important to get this part right because once we’re in there you can’t unilaterally get out of it and, with regard to future
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK