MP for North Warwickshire and Bedworth and former broker, Craig Tracey, has set out the reasons he voted against the government’s draft EU exit deal last week (15 January).
He told Insurance Age: “From a business perspective my main issue was around the backstop. I think the backstop creates more uncertainties for business longer term.
“My view was that it is very important to get this part right because once we’re in there you can’t unilaterally get out of it and, with regard to future
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR