MP for North Warwickshire and Bedworth and former broker, Craig Tracey, has set out the reasons he voted against the government’s draft EU exit deal last week (15 January).
He told Insurance Age: “From a business perspective my main issue was around the backstop. I think the backstop creates more uncertainties for business longer term.
“My view was that it is very important to get this part right because once we’re in there you can’t unilaterally get out of it and, with regard to future
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Lloyd's launches product innovation facility with £53m capacity
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years