Niche motor specialist Granite Underwriting, which owns Acorn Insurance, is seeking to grow staff numbers and foster organic growth following minority investment from private equity firm Inflexion.
Alan Keating, co-founder and MD at Granite, told Insurance Age that GWP for the business had grown to £245m to the end of 2018 and he hoped to see this trajectory continue.
“The deal will accelerate growth,” Keating remarked.
“The vast majority will be organic. We have never been an acquisitive
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto