Niche motor specialist Granite Underwriting, which owns Acorn Insurance, is seeking to grow staff numbers and foster organic growth following minority investment from private equity firm Inflexion.
Alan Keating, co-founder and MD at Granite, told Insurance Age that GWP for the business had grown to £245m to the end of 2018 and he hoped to see this trajectory continue.
“The deal will accelerate growth,” Keating remarked.
“The vast majority will be organic. We have never been an acquisitive
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change