Niche motor specialist Granite Underwriting, which owns Acorn Insurance, is seeking to grow staff numbers and foster organic growth following minority investment from private equity firm Inflexion.
Alan Keating, co-founder and MD at Granite, told Insurance Age that GWP for the business had grown to £245m to the end of 2018 and he hoped to see this trajectory continue.
“The deal will accelerate growth,” Keating remarked.
“The vast majority will be organic. We have never been an acquisitive
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings