The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) has opened a consultation on increasing its income for 2019/20 to £296.2m.
This represents a 27.5% rise on the £232.3m income budget for the current financial year.
The FOS noted that it was forecasting a 13% increase in new complaints next year to 460,000.
Complaints about payment protection insurance (PPI) are predicted to leap by 25% to 250,000 with insurance excluding PPI tipped to rise by 3% to 41,000.
The Ombudsman stated that it would run
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product