The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) has opened a consultation on increasing its income for 2019/20 to £296.2m.
This represents a 27.5% rise on the £232.3m income budget for the current financial year.
The FOS noted that it was forecasting a 13% increase in new complaints next year to 460,000.
Complaints about payment protection insurance (PPI) are predicted to leap by 25% to 250,000 with insurance excluding PPI tipped to rise by 3% to 41,000.
The Ombudsman stated that it would run
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders