The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) has opened a consultation on increasing its income for 2019/20 to £296.2m.
This represents a 27.5% rise on the £232.3m income budget for the current financial year.
The FOS noted that it was forecasting a 13% increase in new complaints next year to 460,000.
Complaints about payment protection insurance (PPI) are predicted to leap by 25% to 250,000 with insurance excluding PPI tipped to rise by 3% to 41,000.
The Ombudsman stated that it would run
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings