The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) has opened a consultation on increasing its income for 2019/20 to £296.2m.
This represents a 27.5% rise on the £232.3m income budget for the current financial year.
The FOS noted that it was forecasting a 13% increase in new complaints next year to 460,000.
Complaints about payment protection insurance (PPI) are predicted to leap by 25% to 250,000 with insurance excluding PPI tipped to rise by 3% to 41,000.
The Ombudsman stated that it would run
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto