Carrickfergus-headquartered Abbey Insurance Brokers has reported turnover of £19.33m with profit after tax of £1.07m for the year ended 31 March 2018.
Both figures were down on 2017, by 5% for turnover and by 34% for post-tax profit.
The results represented the final full year ahead of US based private equity firm Capital Z buying 65% of Abbey’s holding company Prestige. That deal completed in October, after the end of the financial year.
Operating profit for the 12 months dropped
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto