Carrickfergus-headquartered Abbey Insurance Brokers has reported turnover of £19.33m with profit after tax of £1.07m for the year ended 31 March 2018.
Both figures were down on 2017, by 5% for turnover and by 34% for post-tax profit.
The results represented the final full year ahead of US based private equity firm Capital Z buying 65% of Abbey’s holding company Prestige. That deal completed in October, after the end of the financial year.
Operating profit for the 12 months dropped
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews