Such is the love for pets in the UK that at one point they outnumbered human inhabitants. Although, according to Statista, the number of pets has dropped quite significantly, from 65 million in 2013 down to 51 million this year, it is safe to say that Britons remain a nation of animal lovers.
But it would appear that our tastes are getting bolder and more exotic, as a recent freedom of information request made by The Born Free Foundation to local authorities clearly shows.
The request found
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR