Such is the love for pets in the UK that at one point they outnumbered human inhabitants. Although, according to Statista, the number of pets has dropped quite significantly, from 65 million in 2013 down to 51 million this year, it is safe to say that Britons remain a nation of animal lovers.
But it would appear that our tastes are getting bolder and more exotic, as a recent freedom of information request made by The Born Free Foundation to local authorities clearly shows.
The request found
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move