Such is the love for pets in the UK that at one point they outnumbered human inhabitants. Although, according to Statista, the number of pets has dropped quite significantly, from 65 million in 2013 down to 51 million this year, it is safe to say that Britons remain a nation of animal lovers.
But it would appear that our tastes are getting bolder and more exotic, as a recent freedom of information request made by The Born Free Foundation to local authorities clearly shows.
The request found
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change