You could be forgiven for not paying much attention to a recent policy statement from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) setting out plans to extend the remit of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
Amid the recent glut of regulatory outpourings, new rules have been announced that will enable more SMEs to have their complaint decided by the FOS. All well and good on the face of it, but the changes could have costly implications for regulated financial firms, including insurance
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change