The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has warned that “as things stand at the moment the arrangements do not work for insurance brokers” in response to the Brexit deal.
The agreement ahead of the UK exiting the European Union on 29 March 2019 was published yesterday (14 November) but Biba flagged it is still in draft form with no certainty of being adopted by Parliament.
In particular the trade body highlighted the lack of a solution for UK brokers trading with retail and
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1