“The state of the market” were the opening words of an article I wrote in 2013. It covered the challenge for insurers in finding a balance between growth and volume versus profit, evolving distribution driven by newly emerging channels and changes in consumer behaviour, the creation of a new regulator and the fact that insurance was seen as the poor relation compared to other professions.
Fast forward five years and where is the market today compared to where it was then?
Whilst much has
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing