Facebook has confirmed that the Facebook page operated by scammers using Car Insurance 4 u’s details has been taken down following an investigation by Insurance Age.
This comes after a warning was issued by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) that fraudsters were using details of authorised motor broker Car Insurance 4 u in order to convince people they worked for a genuine company.
In an interview with Insurance Age, Clive Jones, general manager of Car Insurance 4 u, said that the regulator
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product