A former employee of Arthur J Gallagher who was convicted of stealing £500,000 from the broker has been sentenced to 34 months in prison.
A Gallagher spokesperson confirmed that Cunnington, who was found guilty in November last year, had been jailed earlier this month.
The spokesperson stated: “Suspicious claims payments made by James Cunnington, a former employee of Gallagher, were uncovered during a routine audit and swiftly escalated through our enhanced governance and control procedures.
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing