A former employee of Arthur J Gallagher who was convicted of stealing £500,000 from the broker has been sentenced to 34 months in prison.
A Gallagher spokesperson confirmed that Cunnington, who was found guilty in November last year, had been jailed earlier this month.
The spokesperson stated: “Suspicious claims payments made by James Cunnington, a former employee of Gallagher, were uncovered during a routine audit and swiftly escalated through our enhanced governance and control procedures.
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- GRP’s purchase prices revealed
- In Person: Head of Marsh Networks David Hopwood
- Ex-Towergate and Aviva boss Mark Hodges joins ReAssure for IPO
- Abbey owners Prestige buy Autoline
- FCA insurance spend rises to £264,587 for 2018/19
- GRP pondering two more regional hubs