A-Plan Holdings has agreed to buy Endsleigh from Zurich subject to regulatory approval.
According to a statement from A-Plan, Endsleigh will continue to operate as a separate entity and the existing management team will remain in place.
In addition it will continue to trade from its base in Cheltenham.
The deal marks a significant development for the personal lines broker market creating an enlarged power-house.
A-Plan had 1,137 staff and over £250m of gross written premium in Insurance Age’
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- GRP’s purchase prices revealed
- In Person: Head of Marsh Networks David Hopwood
- Ex-Towergate and Aviva boss Mark Hodges joins ReAssure for IPO
- Abbey owners Prestige buy Autoline
- FCA insurance spend rises to £264,587 for 2018/19
- GRP pondering two more regional hubs