A-Plan Holdings has agreed to buy Endsleigh from Zurich subject to regulatory approval.
According to a statement from A-Plan, Endsleigh will continue to operate as a separate entity and the existing management team will remain in place.
In addition it will continue to trade from its base in Cheltenham.
The deal marks a significant development for the personal lines broker market creating an enlarged power-house.
A-Plan had 1,137 staff and over £250m of gross written premium in Insurance Age’
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product