A-Plan Holdings has agreed to buy Endsleigh from Zurich subject to regulatory approval.
According to a statement from A-Plan, Endsleigh will continue to operate as a separate entity and the existing management team will remain in place.
In addition it will continue to trade from its base in Cheltenham.
The deal marks a significant development for the personal lines broker market creating an enlarged power-house.
A-Plan had 1,137 staff and over £250m of gross written premium in Insurance Age’
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move