A-Plan Holdings has agreed to buy Endsleigh from Zurich subject to regulatory approval.
According to a statement from A-Plan, Endsleigh will continue to operate as a separate entity and the existing management team will remain in place.
In addition it will continue to trade from its base in Cheltenham.
The deal marks a significant development for the personal lines broker market creating an enlarged power-house.
A-Plan had 1,137 staff and over £250m of gross written premium in Insurance Age’
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing