▶ What is the history of Square Mile?
David Garrad: We were established in 2008 from a standing start. Dominic and I began the business with no clients and no premium. Another director, Jamie Coyne, joined us around two years later and helped us with growth.
In terms of background, mine is mixed, but I met Dominic at Commercial Union in 1990 and also met our other directors Jamie and Andy Costello.
Dominic D’Inverno: My background was all insurance companies like Aviva, NIG, Primary (which
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR