There has been a recent uptake of private prosecutions by those in the insurance sector, covering situations as diverse as cash-for-crash scams to false work injury claims.
Brokers should encourage their insurers to bring private prosecutions when criminal proceedings don’t come to fruition and if the right evidence is there.
So what are private prosecutions, how do they work, and what impacts might they have on the sector?
Any person, corporate or otherwise, can institute criminal
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand