Hastings has reported GWP of £462m for the half year 2017, up on the £360.6m achieved in the same period last year.
Adjusted operating profit was £86.5m compared to £70.8m this time last year. In addition profit after tax rose to £57.9m in total compared to £42.7m for the first six months of 2016.
The COR also improved to 88.9% from 89.2%.
CEO Gary Hoffman said he was “delighted” with the “profitable growth trajectory” noting that live customer policies went up by 15%.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders