The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published its second consultation paper on the implementation of the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD).
The IDD comes into force in the UK on 23 February 2018 and concerns the distribution of insurance and reinsurance, as well as covers assisting in the administration and performance of an insurance contract after the sale.
According to the regulator the IDD aims to enhance consumer protection when buying insurance and to support competition betwe
- FCA warns of unauthorised firm targeting the UK
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up InsurePal to launch UK motor offering in 2018
- Acturis adds non-standard property MGA U-Sure to panel
- Predictions for 2018: The CII's Sian Fisher
- Profits up again at A-Plan
- Review of the year: July 2017
- PIB buys Citynet Insurance Brokers