The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) revealed that £15.9m in revenue was earned by companies (10,200) offering insurance mediation in 2016.
Driving the data down further the report showed that the number of companies describing themselves specifically as non investment insurance intermediaries hit 5,083. It did not outline revenue from these firms only.
The report noted: “Commission continues to be the main source of revenue earned from non-investment insurance mediation business, accounting
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution