5) Axa to "invest heavily" in brokers and innovation
Axa will continue to invest heavily in its broker business going forward, Amanda Blanc, group chief executive officer for Axa UK and Ireland, has confirmed.
The insurer delivered revenue growth of 8.1% to £4.4bn in 2016 with a combined operating ratio of 97.3% and increased underlying earnings of £263m.
Following the publication of its 2016 financial results, Blanc stated that the underlying growth in its personal lines
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- MRIB buys Independents
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Biba reveals campaigning themes in 2019 manifesto