5) Axa to "invest heavily" in brokers and innovation
Axa will continue to invest heavily in its broker business going forward, Amanda Blanc, group chief executive officer for Axa UK and Ireland, has confirmed.
The insurer delivered revenue growth of 8.1% to £4.4bn in 2016 with a combined operating ratio of 97.3% and increased underlying earnings of £263m.
Following the publication of its 2016 financial results, Blanc stated that the underlying growth in its personal lines divi
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards