Mike Bruce, CEO for broking at Global Risk Partners (GRP) has hailed the purchase of Higos as the "biggest retail broker deal from a GWP perspective" that the consolidator has ever done.
The acquisition brings in £50m of gross written premium taking GRP's figure to £470m as it targets £1bn by 2018-19.
The deal will also help with GRP's further purchasing plans according to Bruce.
"When you buy people of Marshall Wooldridge and Higos' quality it grabs people's attention," Bruce told Insurance Age
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's