Mike Bruce, CEO for broking at Global Risk Partners (GRP) has hailed the purchase of Higos as the "biggest retail broker deal from a GWP perspective" that the consolidator has ever done.
The acquisition brings in £50m of gross written premium taking GRP's figure to £470m as it targets £1bn by 2018-19.
The deal will also help with GRP's further purchasing plans according to Bruce.
"When you buy people of Marshall Wooldridge and Higos' quality it grabs people's attention," Bruce told Insurance Age
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings