It is the government's belief that, by giving one body strategic oversight of macroeconomic policy and prudential supervision, it will ensure that the perceived failures of regulators in the lead up to the banking crisis will never be repeated.
At the same time the government wants to strengthen consumer protection by intensifying conduct of business regulation.
These two objectives will lead to the creation of two new regulators: one, under the guiding arm of the Bank of England, will seek to p
- Bollington launches MGA
- Pukka’s Sam White launches Freedom Brokers
- Zurich explores Endsleigh sale - report
- Meet the Broker Apprentices 2017: Luke Abbots-Darbyshire
- Complaints hit 3.32m for first half of 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Nigel Barton’s Wrisk app launches £500,000 crowdfunding round
- Ecclesiastical launches standalone fine art product for brokers