Lloyd’s of London’s new innovation sandbox, Lloyd’s Lab, has picked ten InsurTech start-ups to join its first cohort.
At an event in London on 3 September, 20 teams pitched their ideas to the Economic Secretary to the Treasury, John Glen MP, and Lloyd’s chief executive officer Inga Beale.
The aim of the programme is for start-ups to develop products, platforms and processes that will help transform Lloyd’s to a technology-driven market.
The corporation noted that the 20 start-ups presented
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- Brexit and customer fairness dominate FCA 2019/20 plans
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR