More than half of insurers (56%) are worried that up to 20% of their revenue is at risk to InsurTech start-ups, according to PwC’s 2017 Global Fintech survey.
The report showed 10% believe that more than 40% of business could be lost.
Overall, over eight in ten (86%) of the insurers surveyed were concerned about losing revenue to InsurTech players, with 52% saying that innovation is at the heart of their strategy.
PwC did note in the report that the pace of change in insurance is accelerating
- Court knocks out top cage fighter's whiplash claim
- Midas takes on Direct Group’s commercial business
- MP tables motion in Parliament urging government to freeze IPT
- Markerstudy confirms 27 redundancies
- Amazon states “disruption” plans in job advert
- Go Compare rejects £460m Zoopla-owner bid
- Una Conference 2017: MRIB joins Una Alliance