Unlimited third party liability cover for motor policies still exists in Germany but is no longer available on new business. It has never been offered for bodily injuries and is limited to EUR767m (£529m) per person injured.
In the past, nearly every general insurer offered limited as well as unlimited cover in motor third party insurance. Limited cover is generally capped at EUR50m but there is no fund to cover exceeding accident cost.
The insured is liable for any exceeding cover but I
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders