Third party liability motor insurance is sold in Austria by 25 companies.
The minimum limit required by law is EUR1090 (£752) for bodily injury and material damage per accident, but insurers normally offer cover for up to EUR10m.
There is no fund of money to cover major accidents that exceed the minimum limit, though there have been several accidents that have exceeded these limits.
However, none of these claims were comparable to the Selby claim in UK.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Broker Expo 2019: Q&A with Aviva's Dave Carey